TREK GRADE: MODERATE
MAX ELEVATION: 4270 M (14010 FEET)
TYPICAL DURATION: 4 DAYS (MANALI TO MANALI)
Bhrigu lake is located to the eastern side of Rohtang pass & situated at an altitude of 14k ft. Approx. The trek to this stunning lake takes typically four days to complete from Manali. The trail is steep & challenging at many places and needs high level of energy with fitness; hence it is labeled as moderate in nature. This crystal clear lake is also a sacred site having religious significance & is named after Maharishi Bhrigu who did meditation for years here.
Bhrigu lake trek is not just a trek you visit and view; rather it’s a place you experience, sense and feel right down to your soul. The spectacular lake sits besides meadows with snowy mountains all around. With nature at its best, this Bhrigu lake trek is calling you to experience the best time of your life amidst complete peace and serenity.
Come to explore this mesmerizing trek with your besties!
Day 1:– DELHI-MANALI (12 Hrs)
Arrive in Delhi ISBT at your own & take volvo at arround 10:30 PM. Travelling from Delhi to Manali is a great way to enjoy panormic views & to witness variety of landscapes. Overnight journey.
DAY 2 :- MANALI-GULABA-ROHLIKHOLI ( 1 HOUR DRIVE + 4-5 HOURS TREK TIME)
After breakfast, meet your guide at 9 AM who will brief about the trek & complete the registration process. Post briefing session, drive to gulaba by cab at around 12:00 noon. The trek journey will start at around 2:00 pm approx from gulaba & will end up at beautiful campsite of rohlikohli (altitude 9500 ft. Approx). The trekking trail have insignificant trouble today. Enjoy dinner & stay overnight in tents.
Meals:- Lunch & Dinner
DAY 03 :- ROHLIKHOLI-BHRIGU LAKE-PANDU-ROPA (TREK 7-8 HOURS)
Post breakfast at campsite, start trek to bhrigu lake early morning as the aggregate adventure for the day is 10 kms trekking and it takes about roughly 8 hours to finish the same. It would take around 3-4 hours to reach oval shaped bhrigu lake from base camp & the trail is steep ascent. The view of the lake is very nice and environment is peaceful. Spend some good time near lake & enjoy taking photographs. In the later part, we shall steep descent to reach pandu-ropa (altitude 11000 ft. Approx) which is the goal. Pandu-ropa is an excellent spot to rejuvenate & immersed in nature. Enjoy dinner & stay overnight in tents.
Meals:- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
DAY 4 :- PANDU-ROPA-VASHISHT-MANALI (TREK 4-5 HOURS)
The last day of the trek is schedule to return to start location i.e. manali but with a different route. After breakfast at campsite, we shall move to reach vashisht. As vashisht is famous place near manali for hot water springs, so the trekker can have a hot water bath to relax & enjoy it. Drive to manali by cab from vashisht & check-in at campsite in manali. The later part of the day is free for shopping on the mall road. Enjoy dinner & stay overnight in tents.
Meals:- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
DAY 5:- Manali to Delhi
Early morning, Drop to Manali Volvo bus-Stand to depart to Delhi & the tour come to an end.
Package Cost :-
1) less than 8 person=9000-/person 2) 8-15 person =8500-/person
3) 15-20 person=8000-/person 4) above 20 person=7500-/person.
These are rates for whole trek/tour including everything as per itinerary. The rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Package inclusions :-
Transportation by road within 5 days, whichever is a part of itinerary.
Accommodation in tents on sharing basis.
Trekking & Camping fees including local guide.
All vegetarian meals as per itinerary.
Basic first aid kit, sleeping bags, mattress, tents, kitchen tent with utensils
Expert staff facility including guide, cook & helper
Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/)
All taxes included
Package Exclusions :-
Personal expenses of any kind including bottled beverages
Anything not enclosed in inclusions
Expanses occurred due to unforeseen circumstances and personal insurance
The backpack transfer charges during trek would be Rs.400 per day for 10 kg bag which would subject to convenience & availability
The cost of transportation to reach manali & went back from manali is not included; however we can tailor-made it conditionally.
Our booking & cancellation policies are as here under:-
Payment policy on booking made:-
30 days or more before arrival :- 40% of package cost
15 days or more before arrival :- 100% is required to be submitted.
Refund charges on cancellation made:-
If you wish to cancel or alter your reservation, please email us in writing. Please note that you may be charged for your cancellation in accordance with our policy as under:-
30 days or more before arrival: – 20% of package cost shall be refunded.
Within 30 days before arrival: – No amount shall be refunded.
In case of rough weather, we (Thunder world tour & travels) have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply:-
a. Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
b. Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
c. In case we are unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund.
- While all the mentioned locations are covered during the trip, weather conditions and prevailing circumstances may also influence the order of the above mentioned route. However, we shall try to make best possible alternatives arrangements before & doing the trip; but the cost of the tour or any part of it shall not be refunded in an event of unfavorable conditions anytime during the trip or after it begins.
- This trip can also be modified/tailor-made according to your time, no of travelers and requirements. The distances and altitudes are indicative and may not be exact
- Physical preparation like regular jogging, stretching exercises, cardio exercises is mandatory for the treks.
- It is also suggest to dressing in layers so as to protect you from cold. Two t-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a t-shirt that is thick. 3 t-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a suggestion. If you are prone to cold carry an extra sweater.
- Please come with your smiling face & positive attitude.
- The treks are not suitable for heart patient, paralyzed patient, pregnant women, asthmatics or any other medical conditions that limits person from participating in adventure.
- Inner thermal set , fleece jackets & water proof cum wind cheater jacket windcheater / raincoat, cap & long woolen socks, trekking shoes, water proof gloves, slippers/sandals (for walking around campsite), towel & sanitary requisites
- Camera, memory-cards, torch & power bank
- Sunglasses, sun-screen, few energy bars, personal leak proof tiffin box, a plate, spoon and coffee mug
- Rucksack 60-70 liters(while packing, use bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes)
- Personal medicine, if any
An identification card like driving license, voters id card, passport etc), along with a photocopy, passport size photos, a medical certificate and disclaimer certificate. We suggest each member to visit their family physician to receive a full medical examination. All mentioned documents are mandatory, without which you won’t be allowed to trek.
- Do weigh your gears post packing. It should not exceed the range of 8-9 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you need to repeat and remove what is not essential.
- Travel light and carry what is essential. For example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).the list given here are exactly what you need and nothing more.
- A strict no to your denims – they are not suitable for treks, beside it adds weight.
- No to snacks, colas, alcohol and personal food – don’t overweight yourself with them.
- No to any disposable plastic bottles, plastic wrapped/packaged items & non bio degradable material. While at the trek enjoy the view. Take care of our natural resources; please don’t litter.
- Strict no to touching or handling of any of the skeletal remains that you may come across
We carry high altitude sleeping bags tents and other equipment required for such treks with us; hence please do not carry yours.